HOSPITAL PHARMACY ``MOTHER TERESA``

The new “Mother Teresa” Hospital of Schiavonia in Monselice (PD) has decided to automate the management of drugs through the installation of a robotized Pharmathek warehouse, consisting of two robotic units and an exit system consisting of baskets, roller conveyors and barcodes.

HOSPITAL PHARMACY ``MOTHER TERESA``

The new “Mother Teresa” Hospital of Schiavonia in Monselice (PD) has decided to automate the management of drugs through the installation of a robotized Pharmathek warehouse, consisting of two robotic units and an exit system consisting of baskets, roller conveyors and barcodes.

THE DETAILS OF THE AUTOMATED WAREHOUSE

The automated system has been installed to allow a better management of references and related data, as well as to free staff from repetitive tasks in order to devote their time to more professional tasks.

Overall, the robot manages 46,000 packs of medicines, stored in controlled environments for temperature and humidity, in two separate robotic units, each dedicated to a different type of drugs. 85% of hospital stocks are included within them, while the remaining 15%, given by packages that are too bulky or heavy to be managed by this model of Pharmathek robot, is kept in an adjoining area of ​​the hospital.

The automated clamps have the task of placing the references among the hundreds of shelves inside the two units and to pick them up in case of request. In this case, after having picked them up, the gripper inside the robot releases the package near a slide that makes the packs fall inside special baskets where all the references required by the same department or service are inserted in that moment. The basket is then run on a special roller conveyor, ready to be delivered to the department that has requested it.

For each order, the inventory is automatically updated in real time.

The Pharmathek warehouse at the Hospital “Mother Teresa” in Schiavonia processes an average of 1,700 packages a day.

THE DETAILS OF THE AUTOMATED WAREHOUSE

The automated system has been installed to allow a better management of references and related data, as well as to free staff from repetitive tasks in order to devote their time to more professional tasks.

Overall, the robot manages 46,000 packs of medicines, stored in controlled environments for temperature and humidity, in two separate robotic units, each dedicated to a different type of drugs. 85% of hospital stocks are included within them, while the remaining 15%, given by packages that are too bulky or heavy to be managed by this model of Pharmathek robot, is kept in an adjoining area of ​​the hospital.

The automated clamps have the task of placing the references among the hundreds of shelves inside the two units and to pick them up in case of request. In this case, after having picked them up, the gripper inside the robot releases the package near a slide that makes the packs fall inside special baskets where all the references required by the same department or service are inserted in that moment. The basket is then run on a special roller conveyor, ready to be delivered to the department that has requested it.

For each order, the inventory is automatically updated in real time.

The Pharmathek warehouse at the Hospital “Mother Teresa” in Schiavonia processes an average of 1,700 packages a day.

GALLERY

GALLERY

THE PROJECT

PHARMATHEK SOLUTIONS

2 PTK410 + 2 AUTOMATIC LOADER

ROBOT’S DIMENSIONS

L 9400 x H 2500

ROBOT’S CAPACITY

46000

NUMBER OF PRODUCTS HANDLED

1700 PER DAY